Are you interested in a Unik hockey experience? We are currently recruiting to train our hockey teams to play in a prep school league.
The “Unik” of Universel College – Gatineau Campus is very proud to launch its new Men’s Hockey program of the “Prep School” type for the 2020-2021 season, in partnership with Ulysse Academy.
Universel College will thus be part of the same philosophy that allowed Ulysse Academy to climb into the “top 10” of the prestigious “Canada Indep Prep Ranking 2015-2016”. With its approach promoting the academic success of student-athletes in an environment that promotes their academic and athletic development, this partnership will allow students of Universel College to develop their athletic ability and benefit from increased visibility in North America.
The College will form a Varsity team (U20) which will evolve under the colors of “Unik”.
Here are the goals of Universel College – Gatineau Campus hockey program:
- Develop the work ethic of student-athletes through rigor in the classroom and on the ice;
- Allow student-athletes to progress in their sport in a harmonious manner;
- Develop the social skills, academic skills and physical skills of student-athletes;
- Allow student-athletes to build their identity and determine their academic and sporting goals;
- Encourage student-athletes to excel as much in their college studies as in the practice of sport;
- Offer personalized academic support to student-athletes and give them adequate preparation for university studies and / or the job market.
Student-athletes will have access to:
- Three practices per week on ice.
- Practices from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Two off-ice training sessions per week.
- Athletic development with multisport activities.
- A personalized schedule.
- A calendar of 34 to 36 games for the season.
- A qualified medical team.
- An individual and team video session.
For any other information, you can contact Patrick Lacelle, Director of Hockey Program and Head Coach of the Universel College – Gatineau Campus hockey team at the following address: [email protected] or by phone at 819 503-2400, extension 210.