Diploma of College Studies (DCS/DEC)
To be admitted into the program of your choice at Collège Universel – Gatineau Campus and to obtain a College Diploma (DEC), you must meet the following general admission requirements:
Have a Secondary School Diploma (DES) or Secondary School Vocational Diploma (DEP) and have accumulated the number of units allocated for the following courses :
- Language of Instruction – Secondary 5
- Second Language – Secondary 5
- Mathematics – Secondary 4
Meet the specific admission requirements of the selected program.
Attestation of College Studies (ACS/AEC)
You must satisfy one of these conditions :
- To have a diploma of vocational studies (DVS/DEP) which grants the applicant sufficient knowledge and training related to this program of study ;
- To have a training deemed sufficient by the College and meet the following conditions:
- candidates must have interrupted their studies for at least two consecutive sessions or a full academic year;
- have completed at least one year of post-secondary studies over a period of one year or more;
- be subject to an agreement between the college and an employer.
Special admission requirements
Natural science : Mandatory prerequisites in chemistry, physics and strong mathematics.
Programs with Mathematics: Mandatory prerequisite in strong mathematics.
Language proficiency for international students
All international English-speaking students must demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction through a recognized language test.
|Universel College will accept one of the following:||Detail and conditions|
|IELTS(Academic) (International English Language Testing System)||Overall 6.0 (no band lower than 5.5)|
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)||IBT : Score 80 or higher, with a minimum combined score of 34 for speaking and writing|
|PTE(Academic) (Pearson Test of English Academic)||Overall 54|
|MELAB (Michigan English Assessment Battery)||Overall 77, Minimum of 75 AND Speaking 3-|
|Duolingo English Test||Minimum of 100|
Proof of proficiency is not required if student meet one of the following conditions:
- mother tongue is English (language first learned and still used on a daily basis)
- has obtained a High school, College or University degree from a recognized institution where English is the language of instruction
- has lived and studied or been employed for at least three years in a country where English is the official language
Whether or not your application is accepted, Collège Universel will answer you by mail within one week after submitting your application.