To be admitted into the program of your choice at Collège Universel – Gatineau Campus and to obtain a College Diploma (DEC), you must meet the following general admission requirements:
Have a Secondary School Diploma (DES) or Secondary School Vocational Diploma (DEP) and have accumulated the number of units allocated for the following courses :
- Language of Instruction – Secondary 5
- Second Language – Secondary 5
- Mathematics – Secondary 4
Meet the specific admission requirements of the selected program.
Special admission requirements
Natural science : Mandatory prerequisites in chemistry, physics and strong mathematics.
Programs with Mathematics: Mandatory prerequisite in strong mathematics.
Language proficiency for international students
All international English-speaking students must demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction through a recognized language test.
|Universel College will accept one of the following:||Detail and conditions|
|IELTS(Academic) (International English Language Testing System)||Overall 6.0 (no band lower than 5.5)|
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)||IBT : Score 80 or higher, with a minimum combined score of 34 for speaking and writing|
|PTE(Academic) (Pearson Test of English Academic)||Overall 54|
|MELAB (Michigan English Assessment Battery)||Overall 77, Minimum of 75 AND Speaking 3-|
|Duolingo English Test||Minimum of 100|
Proof of proficiency is not required if student meet one of the following conditions:
- mother tongue is English (language first learned and still used on a daily basis)
- has obtained a High school, College or University degree from a recognized institution where English is the language of instruction
- has lived and studied or been employed for at least three years in a country where English is the official language
Whether or not your application is accepted, Collège Universel will answer you by mail within one week after submitting your application.
To complete your application to Collège Universel – Gatineau Campus,
please fill out the application form.